Monday, March 16, 2009

My First Meltdown

I'm an obsessive planner. I love to plan things and then proceed to make myself crazy doing it. Lately, almost every person that I talk to asks the same question "How's the move planning going", to which I reply with complete composure, " Great! We are just moving along as planned. It's really busy but its coming along just fine". And then I just hope no one but me can hear the screams of panic inside my head as I try not to go off the deep end in public.

Well, it happened. Thankfully not in public. We all knew it would, especially MDHK (who now more than ever deserves the "D" in My Darling Husband Kent). Last Friday night we were enjoying a quiet, intimate moment, nuzzled together in an after-work nap when I had to go and ruin it by bringing up my current source of stress and obsession; the estate sale. Feeling much like I've been working in a vaccum on this project because MDHK has been extremely busy at work I had it all planned out in my mind. Unfortunately I forgot to inform him. So when I said, "Are you ready to start going through the house and setting up for the estate sale next weekend?" he acted like I had just landed from Mars. Not the reaction I was looking for. Of course I responded like any level headed, rational, adult, female would; I FREAKED THE HELL OUT! Not just a little but a lot (super unattractive and really bad for your complection I might add).

Once I calmed down long enough to ask MDHK what he needed to get on board with this program a few things became very clear:

1. I was not from Mars
2. All he needed was to see it in a schedule, which he promptly produced in Microsoft Project
3. He was not only on-board he was ready to kick into high gear, which we have for the last 3 days.
4. I was going to owe him one really special dinner of his choice (which turned out to be paella Sunday night).
5. As suspected and repeatedly learned, we own a lot of stuff!

And if you are curious about our estate sale and want to see what it looks like to get rid of 60% of your belongs in one weekend you can visit our listing http://www.nwsource.com/classifieds/scr/detail/?id=15761873

2 comments:

  1. You are a silly girl Darcey.....thanks for bringing us into your world during this crazy, mindblowing adventurous move of yours....love you dearly. Stay sane...drink more red wine....the extra antioxidants help help to level things out.
    xoxo
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your openness! I'm about to post an article on my dirty little secret in my space! haha. that's an attention getter aye?

    we are all human having our experiences. its good to share so others remember we are human too!

    ReplyDelete